Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Mom, Rose



My mother once lived,
So full of life,
Till cancer crept in,
And brought us all strife.

Her laughter, her manner,
Such style and grace,
It filled up a room,
That smile on her face.

Her song, she sang,
From her heart, you know,
She sang to her Lord,
To Him, she would go.

Her body grew weak,
Her eyes would show,
The burden she bore,
As the illness would grow.

She lost her battle,
On a crisp, November day,
Her time had come,
The cancer had its way.

My mother, now gone,
So kind and dear,
Her memory brings a smile,
Along with a tear.




In loving memory of my mother,

Rose Ann LaPeer

9-6-1939 - 11-20-2003








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, this is really nice and sweet! It brought me to tears, I miss her, and I am so happy I have her rosary. If it would have been stolen I would be so upset. Love you Mom, you're a good daughter!

Kimberly Dee said...

This also brought tears to my eyes. We all miss Grandma Rose very much! I know she misses us too. She's adoring her great grand babies from above I'm sure.

paintlady said...

This touched my heart, "Little Karen".
I so miss my sis.
Aunt Karen
("Big Karen")