Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Me


Once a child full of glee,
Running around fancy
free.
No concerns, worries, or woes,
Just wondering, where next to go.

Teen years then, next became,
Multitudes of endless games.
Boys, dances, driving a car,
Wanting to get away, yes, very far.

Then he came, the man of her life.
He married her, made her, his wife.
Daughters were born, there were four,
They couldn't ask for anything more.

Their lives went on, at a busy pace,
They'd pray to God, He was their grace.
Their daughters grew, and moved away,
I remember them as bitter sweet days.

Grandchildren came, they were blessed,
With overwhelming happiness.
Time passed by, and they grew old,
But they left, their story told.


Of love, and faith, commitment true,
They got thru it all, they were like glue.
They told their secret, family is best,
It was all they wanted, no more, no less.


Dedicated to my wonderful husband, Donald.
My friend, companion, love of my life.

2 comments:

Kimberly Dee said...

Stop bringing tears to my eyes mother!!!!
I love this. It's very special. We are all blessed to have such great men in our lives. (Especially Clinton:-)

Genevieve said...

You are very blessed, indeed! And you deserve all the credit for such a beautiful creation. Very glad you are so happy! (And I love that picture of you.)