Sunday, April 25, 2010


Decided to at least post a sketch today. Inspired by watching Mark Kistler's Imagination Station on PBS. I find I'm really drawn to sketching in black & white, maybe it's the uncertainty of the end result with color, and the thought I won't like it as well?

I'm trying to be more attentive to myself and my creativity, (it's not working) it is so difficult to find time for just me and what I want to do and what I need to do. It's easy to say "just take/make the time", that doesn't seem to happen here. The life of a woman, wife, mother, worker, grandmother, where does she find time for just herself with all these roles and needs to fulfill.

In closing I want to say thanks to all of you who follow my blog, I appreciate all your comments. I'm still learning the ins and outs of this blogging, be patient with me. My daughter, Sara, was the one who took care of getting me set up on here, she is a busy young lady herself, but always has the time to answer my endless questions. Till next time.

3 comments:

paintlady said...

Such a coincidence..my daughter , also a 'Sarah', helped set me up as well on Blogger too !!
nice post...keep em coming !

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I love the sketch. It made me feel peaceful somehow. I'm all that you are - mother etc and it is hard to fit it all in.
I try to take turns giving to each family member and I put myself in line as well. It doesn't always go over with the family - esp when they were all raised to be first but it's as important to me as bread and water. Or that first cup of coffee in the morning.
Some days I'm better at giving myself a turn than others. I'm still learning.
Blessings to you - and savor those minutes for yourself.
As Gladys Taber said in one of her essays, if she stops in the middle of the day when she thinks things cannot get more hectic and has a cup of tea, she's just as far along at the end of the day as if she hadn't stopped. Gladys is gone now, she used to write Butternut Wisdom for Family Circle, a short monthly column. Her essays are compiled in books now and I love them.
Good luck.

Karen Mrs. T said...

Thank you Aunt Karen, I value your thoughts and opinions, and your artist eye. We share much in common.

Barb, I knew you would understand my thoughts. I should remember that even if it is one minute or a day, it is time well spent, and all those minutes add up. Thanks for the pep talk.